For any modern person in touch with the latest fashion trends, makeup is an integral part of their life. On days both regular and special, makeup products like foundation, lipstick, compact powder, etc., help us highlight parts of us that we would like to flaunt and bring out the best of us. However, pulling off a perfect no-makeup look is a skill not possessed by everyone, so any chance to brush up on your techniques should not be let go of.
A no-makeup look requires the minimum amount of products. Its only purpose is to give you a fresh look that stays throughout the day and helps you feel and look confident. Just that small amount of makeup can do wonders for your self-confidence, so spending 5 minutes with your foundation and other products every morning is crucial. Here are the must-have products you need to slay a no-makeup look:
- Moisturiser: Begin by prepping with a light moisturiser and apply it evenly. This is an essential step as moisturiser hydrates your skin and helps makeup stay on for longer. Moisturiser as a first step gives your makeup a smooth, soft and glowing finish.
- Foundation: This is the next step in your routine. Choose from a liquid or powder foundation and apply it evenly. The foundation helps you smooth out irregularities in skin colour and often full coverage for a uniform complexion. Make sure you choose the right shade and don’t forget to apply foundation to your neck.
- Concealer: As the name suggests, concealer is used after foundation to conceal spots, pimples, freckles, etc. You can skip this step if you wish to but remember to use a minimal amount not to make it look cakey and overdone if you don’t.
- Mascara: Mascara is an excellent tool for a no-makeup look as it defines your lashes and gives your face an elegant look. Without mascara, lashes often blend it but using mascara to thicken your eyelashes into prominence is just the way to go. It makes your eyes look bigger by curling your lashes upwards.
- Kajal: This is an optional step, but a thin line of kajal under your eyes defines them and gives you an elegant impression. It also has some excellent moisturising and strengthening benefits that improve your eyes.
- Lip Gloss: Finish your look with a light layer of lip gloss to moisturise your lips and give them a shiny coating. You can go for a colourless lip gloss or a flavoured one to suit your day’s look.
This time spent applying your no-makeup look every morning is a sign of the efforts you put into self-care. It not only makes you look good, but it also deepens your relationship with your inner self. Countless makeup brands and online stores will give you the best quality products you need to ensure no skin damage. Start shopping for foundation, kajal, mascara and the other products mentioned above and step up your makeup game!